Our body contains loads of waste matter including toxins and we often ignore this fact. This waste can be formed due to processed foods, saturated fats, artificial sweeteners, antibiotics, and junk food. This waste generally forms a layer in our intestines which serves as a breeding ground for bacteria.
This layer of waste obstructs the system from absorbing nutrients. If timely cleansing of the body is not done, the waste can harm the body functioning in many ways and can even start poisoning your body although slowly. Thus, timely detoxifying of the body is essential and it should be done preferably at least once in a year.
Some argue by saying that taking a balance diet, practicing yoga and meditation, and drinking sufficient water takes care of your digestive system and that cleansing of the body is carried out naturally on a daily basis. However, this is not the case always although these actions do help to keep the body in good shape.
Detoxification or cleansing of the body is a process followed by people since ancient days. It is not something invented by modern day medical science. In fact, in ancient days, body cleansing was carried out by fasting and saunas. Therefore, cleansing is recommended by Ayurveda and natural therapists such as Yoga practitioners. However, people are not sure about how they should go about cleansing their body. Many queries are there in their minds about cleansing the body, some of which are:
- How to cleanse your body from toxins?
- What are the different ways to cleanse your body?
- How to cleanse your body naturally?
- Which is the best way to cleanse your body?
- How to cleanse your colon?
- How colon cleansing helps?
So, let’s try and understand how to cleanse your body and different methods and procedures associated with it. Before we move ahead and understand the details of how to cleanse your body, a very important question that comes to our mind is how one knows that it is time for detoxification or cleansing? So, this question is pointing to the symptoms. When you experience sluggishness, skin problems, aches, and hard time to lose weight despite regular workout, know that these are some of the major symptoms of body filled with toxins. This gives us the signal that it’s time for cleansing the body.
Why is Cleansing of Your Body Required?
Cleansing or detoxification is about cleaning, resting and nourishing your body inside out: cleaning the body from toxins, giving rest to your body organs by fasting, and nourishing your body with healthy nutrients. This entire cleansing process helps to refurbish your body for maintaining good health by preventing several harmful diseases.
How Does Body Cleansing Process Works?
Basically, body cleansing helps purify the blood. As a natural process, the blood is purified from the impurities in the liver, a gland where toxins are processed for removal. Apart from liver, our body also eradicates toxins through kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph, and skin.
However, in absence of proper detoxification, impurities accumulate in our blood and each cell of the body starts to get affected adversely. Here are some of the steps involved in the body cleansing process:
- Fasting to help the body organs rest
- Inspire the liver to detoxify the body toxins
- Help other body glands including kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph, and skin to detoxify
- Enhancing blood circulation
- Nourishing the body with healthy nutrients
Body Cleansing Methods
There are many cleansing methods or programs available and you need to choose the right one for your body. Depending on your needs, you can choose a cleansing or detoxification program. Some detoxification programs run over a period of 7 days, while others extend over 10 days. In markets, you will find different types of detoxification programs including natural, ayurvedic, and medical supplements with easy to follow instructions.
Tips on How to Cleanse Your body
Here are few things that you can follow on a daily basis to cleanse the body naturally:
- Drink Lots of Water: Ensure that you drink nearly 8 to 12 glasses of water on a daily basis. Water helps to flush out all impurities from the body.
- Fast for One day in a Week: Do so by taking only liquid including water, fruit juice, and vegetable juice. Alternatively, eat only fruits and vegetables. This will ensure that body organs get to rest on that day.
- Cleanse Your Colon: This can be done by eating foods that comprise of fiber in abundance. This will ensure that the gastrointestinal track is clear of any waste.
- Cleanse Your Liver by Eating Bitter Food: Bitter food will help to keep the liver clean, which in turn, will help to eradicate toxins from the body.
- Eat Cloves and Pumpkin Seeds: Ensure that you have cloves and pumpkin seeds on a regular basis to get rid of germs in your body.
- Exercise Daily: Exercise helps to raise the body temperature and increases supply of oxygen. While exercising, your sweat will release toxins from the body.
- Say No to Toxic Foods and Habits: Try and avoid sugar and caffeine as much as you can. In addition, refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking, as they add to the impurities in the body.
- Have Smaller Meals: Try to have only fruits and vegetables to ensure that the body gets necessary nutrients to maintain a healthy system.
The best way to cleanse your body on a regular basis is to do go natural. Despite many medical cleansing programs available, natural cleansing of the body on a daily basis will help to keep you fresh, energetic, free from diseases, and yes, it will also keep your skin glowing. Above all, you will not face the problem of extended belly, which is the most embarrassing thing that anybody can have.
Colon cleansing is done to free the intestinal track from harmful toxins and waste formed over time. Colon cleansing is commonly referred to as colon therapy and is being done since ancient days. However today, medical supplements have taken over and people rely on them for cleansing the colon.
Colon cleansing is a very important aspect of cleansing the body, as without cleaning the colon, the body cannot get rid of toxins completely. A clean colon helps to keep the body healthy, energetic, and free from illness and stress.
Intensive Colon Cleanse formulation by Digestive Science is a product that helps to clean your colon and revitalize it. It’s a 10 day cleansing program and on completing the program, you will experience weight loss, boosted digestion, flat stomach, increased energy levels, and glowing skin. In addition, you will get rid of constipation, gas, bloating, and allergies.